Fear God | What Does It Mean To Fear God? | Fear Of The Lord | SO4J.com
What Does It Mean To Fear God? Fear of the Lord
Fear God - What Does It Mean to Fear God? What is the Fear of the Lord? Who Feared God in the Bible? Check out the many Fear God Bible Scriptures, Article,& Videos. Do You Fear the Lord? Watch John MacArthur,& John Piper Videos on the Fear of the Lord (Luke 12:5, Matthew 10:28).
ON THIS PAGE:
• Fear God - Bible Study
• 3 Reasons To Fear God - John MacArthur Video
• How Do You Fear God? - John Piper Video
Fear God Bible Scriptures
Fear God Scriptures—
Luke 12:5 (NKJV) Jesus says, "But I will show you whom you should FEAR: FEAR HIM (GOD) who, after HE has Killed, has power to CAST (people) into HELL; yes, I say to you, FEAR HIM!"
Matthew 10:28 (NKJV) "And do not FEAR those who kill the Body but cannot kill the Soul. But rather FEAR HIM (GOD) who is able to Destroy both SOUL and BODY in HELL."
Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV) "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: FEAR GOD, and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: for this is the whole Duty of man."
Phil 2:12-13 (NKJV) "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always OBEYED, not as in my Presence Only, but now much more in my absence, Work out your own SALVATION with FEAR & TREMBLING, for it is GOD who WORKS IN YOU both to WILL & to DO for HIS Good Pleasure."
Proverbs 9:10 (NKJV) "The FEAR of the LORD is the Beginning of WISDOM, And the knowledge of the HOLY ONE is UNDERSTANDING."
Psalm 103:11 (NKJV) "For as the Heavens are High above the Earth, So GREAT is HIS MERCY toward those who FEAR HIM."
Prov 16:6 (NKJV) "By the FEAR of the LORD men Depart from Evil."
Prov 8:13 (NKJV) "The FEAR of the LORD IS is to Hate EVIL, PRIDE, and ARROGANCE, and the EVIL way, and the PERVERSE MOUTH I Hate."
3 Reasons To Fear God - John MacArthur Video
By Amazing Bible
- FEAR GOD - INTRO
- WHERE DOES GOD’S WORD SAY TO FEAR GOD?
- DOES THE WORD "FEAR" MEAN FEAR?
- SET YOUR HEART TO UNDERSTAND
- SCRIPTURES ON FEARING GOD
- CHURCHES ABOUND THAT TEACH THE LOVE OF GOD, BUT NOT THE FEAR OF GOD
- WHO FEARED GOD IN THE SCRIPTURES?
- WHERE IN THE BIBLE DID PEOPLE FEAR GOD?
- MOST DO NOT FEAR GOD
- GOD HAS CALLED, BUT FEW WILL HEAR
- TEACH ME, O LORD
- HOW CAN I LEARN TO FEAR THE LORD?
- YET THEY WILL NOT FEAR GOD
- WHAT GOD MAY DO TO THOSE THAT WILL NOT FEAR HIM
- EGYPT: THOSE THAT FEARED GOD AND THOSE THAT DID NOT
- STILL THEY DID NOT FEAR THE LORD
- AGAIN, WE ARE ADMONISHED TO FEAR THE LORD
- JONAH AND NOAH
- GOD DOES MANY THINGS SO THAT PEOPLE WILL FEAR HIM AND SIN NOT
- WHAT IS THE FEAR OF THE LORD?
- THE BIBLE SAYS TO FEAR THE LORD
- WHAT DOTH THE LORD REQUIRE OF YOU?
- BENEFITS OF FEARING THE LORD
- DO THIS IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD
- AS WE BEGIN TO CLOSE THIS MESSAGE
- FEAR THE LORD AND PRAISE HIM
- WHO TELLS US TO FEAR GOD?
- TREMBLE AT GOD’S WORD
1 - Fear God - Intro
This message is delivered in much love. We are deeply concerned for so many who are not ready for the soon return of Jesus. Most will be caught as a thief in the night.
Our hearts overflow with grief for those who have turned away from God’s Word. We are also concerned for those who have not turned away, yet will not incline their heart to understand and obey God’s Word.
By God’s mercy, this message is presented in the fear of the Lord and with much love for both our brothers and sisters in Christ as well as those who are lost.
To love you, is to tell you the truth. To love you, is to teach the uncompromised Word. We hope you will receive this message and understand that it is given in the love of Christ.
For the most part, America and the world does not fear God. Church members do not fear God. Preachers, rabbi, and priests do not fear God. Indeed, the world does not fear God. You can ask almost anyone. They will most likely tell you, "God is love. Why should we be afraid of Him?"
Yes, just ask anyone; they will probably tell you. So let us do just that. Let us ask God Himself. Let us search the Scriptures to see if what is being taught today is correct and in accordance with God’s Word. Is it correct to teach that we should not fear God? Will you believe God’s Word? If you do not, there is no hope for you. It is God’s Word that will judge you in that day.
2 - Where Does God's Word Say to Fear God?
- Psalm 66:16 It is written, "Come and hear, ALL YOU THAT FEAR GOD."
- Acts 13:16 "Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and you that FEAR GOD, give audience."
- Acts 13:26 "Men and brethren, children of the 'stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you FEARS GOD, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
Are some of you getting upset already? These words are from the Bible and are very clear. TO YOU (to those who fear God) IS THE WORD OF THIS SALVATION SENT. This Scripture, which Paul spoke, may seem strange to your ears. It may even offend some of you. You may believe it is not appropriate to scare people into making a commitment to Jesus.
Nevertheless, the Bible tells us:
- Jude 1:23 "And others SAVE WITH FEAR, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." It said, save with fear."
3 - Does the Word "Fear" Mean Fear?
Some may be of the opinion that the word "fear," as it appears in the Bible, does not really mean what it says. Satan deceives the whole world. People gather around them teachers which say what their itching ears want to hear. In the Old Testament, several Hebrew words are used which translate into the English equivalent of "fear." In nearly every case, it means exactly what it says—fear, be afraid, terror, dreadful fear, etc. In some cases, it may mean reverence, as to revere or respect someone with great power. The same is the case in the New Testament. Several Greek words are used, which translate much the same.
As we read in Heb 10:31, the meaning comes across loud and clear.
- Heb 10:31 "It is a FEARFUL THING to fall into the hands of the living God."
The next Scripture presents a very good question.
- Rev 15:4 "WHO SHALL NOT FEAR THEE, O LORD, and Glorify Your Name? For thou only are Holy."
4 - Set Your Heart to Understand
It is our hope that you will set your heart to understand, as Daniel did.
- Dan 10:12 "From the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand...Your words were heard."
If you are earnestly seeking God’s truth, He will reveal Himself to you. Incline your ear to hear, and your heart to understand. Hear the Word of God. He that hath an ear, let him hear. This message is not a popular one today, yet it is the truth. You may not be in agreement with what God's Word says; nevertheless, it is written:
- 1 Cor 9:16 "Woe unto me if I Preach Not the Gospel."
5 - Scriptures on Fearing God
The Bible tells us:
- Prov 14:2 "He that walks in his uprightness FEARS THE LORD"
Did you hear that? He that walks in his uprightness "fears the Lord." We may say, he that does not walk in his uprightness, does not fear the Lord.
- Prov 14:16 "A WISE MAN FEARS, and departs from Evil: But the Fool Rages, and is Confident."
Some time ago, a certain gentleman stated that we should not fear the Lord, but only love Him. As he continued sharing his views, his words began to approach blasphemy of the Holy Spirit—as he seemed to be connecting things of the Spirit of God with Satan. He was warned twice. This gentleman maintained that he loved God, yet he did not seem to be afraid to speak such words. The fear of God did not appear to be in him at all.
- Matt 10:28 Jesus tells us, "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather FEAR HIM which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell."
It is written:
- Eccl 8:11-13 "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that FEAR GOD, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he fears not before God."
God is trying to tell you to FEAR HIM, for it will not be well with those who do not.
The Bible tells us of those who honor God with their lips, but do not fear Him. Although they may seem to honor God, their heart is really far from Him.
- Isa 29:13 "Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and THEIR FEAR TOWARD ME IS TAUGHT BY THE PRECEPT OF MEN."
6 - Churches Abound that Teach the Love of God, But Not the Fear of God
Today churches abound that teach the love of God, but scarcely do they teach the fear of God. Churchgoers are being misled; they follow religious leaders, blindly trusting and believing what they say. The Bible cautions us about the blind leading the blind, for they both fall into the ditch - Matt 15:14.
7 - Who Feared God in the Scriptures?
You may still believe you do not need to Fear God, but let us examine the Scriptures to see who did Fear God. The Bible tells us:
- Abraham feared God - Gen 22:12
- Joseph feared God - Gen 42:18
- Moses feared God - Ex 3:6
- Israel shall hear and fear - Deut 21:21
- Jacob was afraid - Gen 28:17
- Israel feared the Lord - Ex 14:31
- The people feared the Lord - 1 Sam 11:7
- David was afraid of the Lord - 2 Sam 6:9
- Obadiah feared the Lord greatly - 1 Kings 18:12
Yet you say that you do not have to Fear the Lord? Let us see who did Fear the Lord—
- Your servant did fear the Lord - 2 Kings 4:1
- The nations feared the Lord - 2 Kings 17:41
- Israel feared God - 2 Chr 6:33
- The fear of the Lord came upon all the cities about Gerah - 2 Chr 14:14
- Nehemiah feared God - Neh 5:15
- Hananiah feared God - Neh 7:2
- Job feared God - Job 1:1
Do you still believe that you should not Fear the Lord? Let us see who did Fear the Lord—
- The waters were afraid - Psalm 77:16
- Men do therefore fear Him - Job 37:24
- David’s flesh trembled for fear of God - Psalm 119:120
- Every man shall be afraid - Isa 13:7,8
- Egypt shall be afraid and fear because of the Lord - Isa 19:16
- Hezekiah feared the Lord - Jer 26:19
- The king decreed that men should tremble and fear before the God of Daniel - Dan 6:26
Do you still believe that you should not Fear the Lord? Let us see who did Fear the Lord—
- Daniel stood trembling - Dan 10:11
- The children of Israel shall fear the Lord - Hos 3:5
- Jonah feared the Lord - Jonah 1:9
- The men feared the Lord - Jonah 1:16
- The nations shall be afraid of the Lord - Mic 7:16-17
- Levi feared the Lord - Mal 2:4-5
- Peter, James, and John were sore afraid - Matt 17:1,6
- The centurion feared greatly - Matt 27:54
- The disciples feared exceedingly - Mark 4:41
- Fear (of the angel) fell upon Zechariah - Luke 1:12
- The people were filled with fear - Luke 5:26
- Pilate was afraid - John 19:8
- The prisoner was afraid and feared God - Luke 23:40
Yet most people in these latter days do not Fear God?
Let us see who the Bible says did Fear God:
- Fear came upon every soul - Acts 2:43
- Cornelius was one that feared God - Acts 10:22
- Great fear came upon all the church - Acts 5:11
- Noah feared God - Heb 11:7
- Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake - Heb 12:21
- Jesus, Himself, feared His Father - Heb 5:7
- During the Tribulation, great fell upon them - Rev 11:11
- During the Millennium, ALL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH SHALL FEAR HIM - Psalm 67:7
The Bible tells us that people in the past Feared God and people in the future will fear God. The Bible has also shown that men, such as Moses, Abraham, and Noah, feared God. Yet you say that you will not fear God?
8 - Where in the Bible did People Fear God?
Let us tell you where in the Bible it says that people feared God and will fear God. It is in Gen, Ex, Deut, and 1 Sam. It is also in 2 Sam, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chron. and 2 Chron. People feared God in Neh, Psalm, and Job. Let us tell you where in the Bible people feared God and will fear God. It is in Isa, Jer, Dan, Hos, Jonah, and Mic. Also, in Hag, Mal, Matt, Mark, Luke, and John Yet the people of today do not fear God. Let’s examine where in the Bible people did fear God and will fear God. It is in Acts, Heb, and Rev.
As it is written:
Prov 16:6 "By the FEAR OF THE LORD men depart from Evil."
9 - Most Do Not Fear God
- Deut 5:29 God tells us: "O that there were such an heart in them, that they would FEAR ME, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them"
This is God speaking to you right now. Hear the words of the Lord. It is written:
- Jer 5:21-24,31 "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: WILL YE NOT TREMBLE AT MY PRESENCE...But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone. Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God...(31) and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?
Indeed, today most preachers, priest, and rabbi do not preach the fear of God, "And My People love to have it so." Although you may love the false teaching in the churches, the time is coming when you will fear God. The day is near when all shall fear Him. Even now the Judgment is at the door. It is at hand.
10 - God Has Called, But Few Will Hear
THEY SHALL EAT OF THE FRUIT OF THEIR OWN WAYS
Oh, that you would hearken to the words of the Lord. Will you not fear the Lord and take heed to His warning? It is written:
- Prov 1:20 "Wisdom cries without; she utters her voice in the streets"
- Prov 1:22-31 "How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? TURN YOU at my reproof...Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof."
Dear people, hearken unto the Lord. Obey His commands. Do you choose the portions of the Bible you wish to obey and ignore the rest? Do you believe God’s Word does not mean what it says? Do you willingly choose to make God’s Word a lie, by not believing all He says? Do you willingly choose not to fear the Lord? Will you choose His wisdom? God tells those who reject Him what the result will be.
It is written:
- Prov 1:26-31 "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes; When your fear comes as desolation, and your destruction comes as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish comes upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, AND DID NOT CHOOSE THE FEAR OF THE LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices."
Friends, we are trying to warn you. God is telling you, but will you listen? Will you heed His warning? The Scripture said, because you "Hated Knowledge, and did not choose the Fear of the Lord." You "would none of (or would not obey) His Counsel." Therefore, when you are afraid, when you are in need, "When your Fear comes...when Distress and Anguish comes upon you," then God will turn away from you. He "Also will Laugh at your Calamity," and "Mock when your Fear comes." Notice that it said, you did not "Choose" the Fear of the Lord. In other words, you willingly chose not to fear Him. Thus, when you call upon God, He "Will not answer". You shall not find God in your time of trouble.
You are not to contend with the Scriptures, but simply obey them without question. You are called to live according to the Spirit, not according to the flesh. You may say you follow God; you may say you love Him, but do you choose the FEAR OF THE LORD? Is your worship of God according to your own beliefs, rather than according to God’s Word? Does the truth of God’s Word make you angry or tense? Do you desire to hear the truth of God’s Word? It is written:
- Isa 66:3-4 "They have chosen their own ways...I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because...when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."
How long, ye simple ones, will it be before you obey God’s counsel and hearken to His Words?
It is written:
- Mal 3:5 (NIV) "So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against... those who...do not fear me," says the Lord Almighty."
11 - Teach Me, O Lord
- Psalm 86:11 "TEACH ME YOUR WAY, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth: unite my HEART TO FEAR YOUR NAME."
- Deut 31:12 "Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and Your stranger that is within Your gates, that they may hear, and that they may LEARN, AND FEAR THE LORD YOUR GOD, and observe to do all the words of this law."
- Psalm 34:11 "Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD."
- Deut 19:20 And those which remain shall HEAR, AND FEAR, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
12 - How Can I Learn To Fear the Lord?
You may ask, "How can I learn to fear God?"
- Prov 2:1-5 My son, if thou wilt receive my words (thus, a condition, you are to receive God's Word), and hide my commandments with thee (so there is a second condition, hide His commandments with thee); So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom (note, a third condition, incline your ear to wisdom), and apply thine heart to understanding (thus, a fourth condition, you are to apply your heart to understanding); Yea, if thou criest after knowledge (Do you cry after knowledge, yet do not spend much time reading the Bible? If you cry after knowledge, put away the television, newspaper, and other books, and study God's Word), and liftest up Your voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the FEAR OF THE LORD, AND FIND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD."
Perhaps, you believe you know the Bible; yet are we not all in various stages of learning?
- Prov 2:6 "For the LORD gives wisdom: out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding."
We are to cry after knowledge and search for her. Apply your heart to understanding as you search the Scriptures, and incline your ear to receive God's Word and obey Him. Surely then you will understand the fear of the Lord. Forget the party, turn off the television, put away the newspaper and other books, and open your Bible; study it day and night so that you may obey God's Word.
When you obey God, the Bible says:
- Prov 28:14 "Happy is the man that fears always: but he that hardens his heart shall fall into mischief".
13 - Ananias
- Acts 5:1-11 "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy (secretly a partner) to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and GREAT FEAR CAME ON ALL THEM THAT HEARD THESE THINGS.
And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether you sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried your husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. And GREAT FEAR CAME UPON ALL THE CHURCH, AND UPON AS MANY AS HEARD THESE THINGS."
Know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The same God, which these people feared, is also to be greatly feared today. Fear God and depart from evil.
14 - Yet They Will Not Fear God
Yet there are those who still will not fear God. For it is written:
- 2 Kings 17:25 "And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there,THAT THEY FEARED NOT THE LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.
God is the same now as He was then. He gives you a warning:
- Eccl 8:13 "But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; BECAUSE HE FEARS NOT BEFORE GOD."
If you do not fear God, it will not be well with you. When the day of judgment comes, you will reap the results of not obeying God’s Word. If you think you should not fear God, think again, for it is written:
- Isa 33:14 "FEARFULNESS HATH SURPRISED THE HYPOCRITES. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Being under grace does not release you from the obligation of being obedient to the will of God in heaven.
- Matt 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven."
It is the will of God that you obey His commandments, Fear Him, and serve Him.
Paul tells us in Romans:
- Rom 3:10-12, Rom 3:18 "There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable......THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."
- Jer 44:10-11
"They are not humbled even unto this day, NEITHER HAVE THEY FEARED, nor walked in my law...Therefore thus saith the LORD...I will set my face against you for evil."
Please listen most carefully to these next words, and heed the warning of the Lord:
- Jer 2:19 "Know therefore and see that IT IS AN EVIL THING and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the LORD your God, and THAT MY FEAR IS NOT IN THEE."
Listen again as these words come forth: "Know...It is an Evil Thing…That my Fear is not in thee."
15 - What God May Do to Those That will Not Fear Him
Again, another warning comes forth from God’s Word:
- Deut 28:58-59 "If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this Law...that thou mayest FEAR THIS GLORIOUS AND FEARFUL NAME, the Lord your God; then the LORD will make your plagues wonderful (fearful)...even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
God’s Word tells us that not fearing Him can bring affliction.
- Psalm 55:19 "God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abides of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore THEY FEAR NOT GOD."
16 - Egypt: Those that Feared God and Those that Did Not
Remember, God has not changed, yet some preachers would have you think He has. Even thousands of years ago, when Moses was doing the great miracles by the hand of God, some did not fear God. In this particular case, the result was death.
- Exod 9:20-22 "HE THAT FEARED THE WORD OF THE LORD among the Servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: and HE THAT REGARDED NOT THE WORD OF THE LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field.
Are you one that does not regard the Word of the Lord?
- Exod 9:22 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch forth thine hand toward heaven, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, upon man, and upon beast..."
- Exod 9:24-25 "So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail...(25) And the hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man and beast"
Yet even with the great plagues that had been brought upon Egypt, many still refused to fear the Lord; as we read:
- Exod 9:30 "But as for thee and your servants, I know that YE WILL NOT YET FEAR THE LORD GOD."
17 - Still They Did Not Fear the Lord
In Zephaniah we read:
- Zeph 3:6-8 "I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate...their cities are destroyed...I said, SURELY THOU WILT FEAR ME, thou wilt receive instruction...but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings. Therefore... my determination is to gather the nations...ALL THE EARTH SHALL BE DEVOURED WITH THE FIRE OF MY JEALOUSY."
18 - Again, We Are Admonished to Fear the Lord
Again, we are warned to fear, as we read in Romans:
- Rom 11:20-21 "Because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, BUT FEAR: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee."
Do you still say you will not fear God? Those who do not fear God are the unsaved. It is written:
- Psalm 36:1 "The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE HIS EYES (there is no fear of God before the eyes of the wicked)."
We see clearly, the person who persists in not fearing God is certainly not in agreement with the Scriptures, which have told us to "FEAR GOD."
19 - Jonah and Noah
We note in the Scriptures regarding Jonah:
- Jonah 1:13-16 "The men rowed hard to bring it (the boat) to the land; but they could not: for the sea wrought...Wherefore they cried unto the LORD...let us not perish for this man's life...So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging. THEN THE MEN FEARED THE LORD EXCEEDINGLY, and offered a sacrifice unto the LORD, and made vows."
- Heb 11:7 "By Faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, MOVED WITH FEAR, prepared an ark to the saving of his house."
20 - God Does Many Things so that People will Fear Him and Sin Not
- Deut 4:10 It is written, "The LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that THEY MAY LEARN TO FEAR ME all the days that they shall live upon the earth."
- Josh 4:23-24 "For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red Sea...That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: THAT YE MIGHT FEAR THE LORD your God for ever."
- Eccl 3:14
"I know that, whatsoever God does, it shall be for ever...and God does it, that men should FEAR BEFORE HIM."
- Ex 20:20 "And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and THAT HIS FEAR MAY BE BEFORE YOUR FACES, THAT YE SIN NOT."
- Mark 4:41 "And they (the disciples) FEARED EXCEEDINGLY, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?"
- Matt 27:54 "Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, THEY FEARED GREATLY, saying, Truly this was the Son of God."
- Psalm 119:120 King David said, "My TREMBLES FOR FEAR OF THEE; and I AM AFRAID OF YOUR JUDGMENTS."
21 - What is the Fear of the Lord?
- Prov 1:7 It is written, "THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
- Prov 9:10 "THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS the beginning of Wisdom: and the Knowledge of the Holy is Understanding."
Few people these days really seem to comprehend the "holiness of God" and His perfect and equal justice.
- Psalm 111:10
" The FEAR OF THE LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endures for ever."
This verse seems to be telling us several things, including—those who obey His commandments will have a good understanding of the Scriptures. Could this be saying, we might know a person’s understanding of the Scriptures according to his obedience to the Word? Certainly, we know that those who do not know Jesus (the unsaved) have very little understanding, and that they do not obey the Gospel.
So far, God’s Word has told us, that the "FEAR OF THE LORD" is the "BEGINNING of KNOWLEDGE," also the "BEGINNING" of WISDOM." Note, it is the "BEGINNING" of these things. Many these days may think they have a good understanding of the Scriptures, but upon closer examination, we find they do not.
Could it be because they do not "FEAR THE LORD" as they should? Could it be because they do not obey the Scriptures? or that their understanding is darkened? Could it be that they do not even know this is true?
- Job 28:28 "And unto man he said, Behold, THE FEAR OF THE LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding."
God's Word is telling us that the "fear of the Lord" is not only the beginning of wisdom—it is wisdom. Then the verse tells us that "to depart from evil is understanding."
This is very much in harmony with Psalm 111:10, which says:
- Psalm 111:10
" The FEAR OF THE LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endures for ever."
"A Good understanding have all they that Do His Commandments." For surely, departing from evil is doing His commandments. Proverbs further tells us:
- Prov 15:33
"The FEAR OF THE LORD is the instruction of Wisdom; and before honour is humility."
Thus, we have covered, the "FEAR OF LORD" is the BEGINNING OF WISDOM, it is WISDOM, and here it is the INSTRUCTION OF WISDOM. The verse concludes with BEFORE HONOR IS HUMILITY. Indeed, we cannot be saved unless we humble ourselves before God and become as little children before Him. It seems very few people will do this, and only a few shall enter heaven.
- Isa 33:6
"And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of your times, and strength of salvation: THE FEAR OF THE LORD is his treasure."
Note the words "WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE SHALL BE THE....STRENGTH OF SALVATION." We are reminded that God’s people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge - Hos 4:6. And where is wisdom? It is in the fear of the Lord. Indeed, THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS HIS TREASURE. Because of the fear the Lord, we depart from evil. Repentance is departing from evil. Could we not say, that fearing the Lord may be a key to repentance?
- Psalm 19:9 "THE FEAR OF THE LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the Judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether."
That bears repeating: "THE FEAR OF THE LORD is clean, enduring for ever."
The Bible also tells us"
- Prov 8:13 "FEAR OF THE LORD IS is to Hate Evil: Pride, and Arrogancy, and the Evil way, and the froward mouth, do I Hate."
We have seen that "To Depart from Evil is Understanding," and here, "FEAR OF THE LORD IS is to Hate Evil." God’s wonderful Word tells us, that:
- Prov 14:26 "IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge."
Thus, may we also say, that without the fear of the Lord, there is not strong confidence?
Learn to "Fear the Lord." The Bible assures us that in doing so, your wisdom and understanding of the Scriptures should increase. We have found that God’s dealings with Israel in the Old Testament, certainly cause one to "fear the Lord." We see through the Scriptures, how God deals with sin, how God deals with rebellion, and how righteous and equal His judgments are. Study the Old Testament as well as the New Testament.
22 - The Bible Says to Fear the Lord
It is written,
- Psalm 34:9
"O FEAR THE LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him."
- Psalm 89:7 "GOD IS GREATLY TO BE FEARED in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him."
- Psalm 33:8 "Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him."
His saints (Born-Again Christians) are under commandment to "FEAR THE LORD." The assembly of the saints (the churches) are under commandment to greatly fear the Lord. All the earth is under commandment to "FEAR THE LORD" and "STAND IN AWE OF HIM." Should you make such a statement that you do not need to "FEAR GOD," then you are disagreeing with the Bible. Admittedly, the fear of God is not being taught in many churches today; however, the Scriptures also tell us the church of this Laodicean age is not highly regarded by God - Rev 3:14-19. The love of God is certainly being preached, but not the Fear of God.
23 - What Doth the Lord Require of You?
The Holy Spirit spoke to God’s people by Moses saying:
- Deut 10:12-13 "And now, Israel, what doth the LORD your God REQUIRE of thee, but to FEAR THE LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for your good?"
Five requirements are presented here (each of these also appear in the New Testament):
- FEAR THE LORD,
- WALK IN ALL HIS WAYS,
- LOVE HIM,
- SERVE THE LORD...WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL,
- KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.
- Josh 24:14-15 "Now therefore FEAR THE LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Have you ever considered, that just by doing nothing for the Lord, you are serving Satan?
- Psalm 2:11-12 "Serve the LORD WITH FEAR, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him."
- Deut 10:20 Thou shalt FEAR THE LORD your God; Him shalt thou serve, and to Him shalt thou cleave, and swear by His Name."
Over and over we see the same words emphasized: "Fear God and serve Him." Yet Few people will do the will of God which is in heaven. Many people believe they are born-again, however, unless they repent, many may be very surprised to find that the lake of fire awaits them for eternity. It is much better that we should:
- 1 Sam 12:24 "FEAR THE LORD, and serve Him in Truth with all your Heart: For consider how great things He hath done for you."
- Deut 6:13 "Thou shalt FEAR THE LORD your God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name."
How many times does the Bible have to tell us to "fear God" and "serve Him"? It is written:
- Deut 13:4 "Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and FEAR HIM, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him."
- Deut 6:2 "FEAR THE LORD your God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and your son, and your son's son, all the days of your life; and that your days may be prolonged."
- Deut 8:6 "Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to FEAR HIM."
The Bible also tells us,
- Prov 23:17 "Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the FEAR OF THE LORD ALL THE DAY LONG."
- Lev 19:32 "Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and FEAR YOUR GOD: I am the LORD."
- Lev 19:14 "Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt FEAR YOUR GOD: I am the LORD."
- Eccl 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: FEAR GOD, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."
Could anyone correctly say that a minister who does teach the fear of the Lord, is not preaching accurately? or would not those who say we should not fear the Lord, be in error in light of the Scriptures? It is written:
- Prov 3:7 "Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."
24 - Benefits of Fearing the Lord
- Psalm 34:7 It is written, "The angel of the LORD encamps round about them that FEAR HIM, and delivers them."
- Psalm 103:13 "Like as a father pities his children, so the LORD pities them that FEAR HIM."
These verses give three promises to them that Fear God —an Angel encamps round about them; the Angel delivers them; and the Lord pities them.
Another wonderful benefit of fearing God is:
- Luke 1:50 "his mercy is on them that FEAR HIM from generation to generation."
- Psalm 103:11 Also, For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that FEAR HIM."
- Psalm 103:17-18 "But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them." It is so comforting to know that:
- Psalm 147:11 "The LORD takes pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy."
- Psalm 33:18-19 "Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that FEAR HIM, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine."
It is only through God’s Mercy, that we have any Hope of being Saved. As the Holy Spirit draws us and quickens to us God’s Word, we come to a saving faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. The Lord tells us, that His mercy is great TOWARD THEM THAT FEAR HIM. The Lord TAKES PLEASURE in those who FEAR HIM. He delivers THEIR SOUL FROM DEATH—in other words—He saves their soul. He also promises to KEEP THEM ALIVE IN FAMINE. But this promise is not to everyone. It is to those who fear God and hope in His mercy. Do you desire God to bless you? For it is written:
- Psalm 112:1 "Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that fears the LORD, that delights greatly in his commandments."
- Psalm 115:13 "He will bless them that FEAR THE LORD, both small and great."
- Psalm 128:4 "Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that FEARS THE LORD."
- Psalm 128:1-2 "Blessed is every one that FEARS THE LORD; that walks in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."
God Gives Three More Promises For Those Who Fear Him:
- They shall eat the labor of their hands
- Happy shall they be
- It shall be well with them
As we search the Scriptures, we see time and again, a command that goes hand-in-hand with fearing God.
It is put in different ways, but may perhaps be
summarized in one word: "Obedience." We note—
- KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS
- OBEY HIS VOICE
- CLEAVE UNTO HIM
- SERVE HIM
- KEEP ALL HIS STATUTES, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS
- KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS
- WALK IN HIS WAYS
- KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS
- DEPART FROM EVIL
- KEEP YOUR PRECEPTS
- KEEP HIS COVENANT
- REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS TO DO THEM
- Delight IN HIS COMMANDMENTS
- Walk IN HIS WAYS
God’s promises are to those who fear Him and do these things.
- 2 Cor 1:24 NIV "By Faith you stand firm."
- Rev 14:12 "Keep the Commandments of God, and the Faith of Jesus." It is further written:
- Psalm 25:14 "The secret of the LORD is with them that FEAR HIM; and he will shew them his covenant"
Salvation appears to them that fear Him; He will show them His covenant.
- Psalm 85:9 "Surely His Salvation in Nigh them that FEAR HIM"
Again, we see that we might expect the Holy Spirit to draw them that fear God, for His salvation is near them that fear Him.
- Prov 19:23 "The FEAR OF THE LORD tends to life: and he that has it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil."
- Prov 14:27 "The FEAR OF THE LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death."
Repeatedly, we see the Word of God telling us, those that are truly saved do, indeed, fear God. To them that fear Him, "He will Show...His Covenant; His Salvation is Nigh them."
Also the fear of the Lord "Tends to Life; is a fountain of life to Depart from the snares of death" and in Acts 13:26, we are told, "Whosoever among you FEARS GOD, to you is the word of this salvation sent."
The Scriptures tell us that men depart from evil by the fear of God. Because of the fear of going to the lake of fire and the fear of judgment; because we know that God is a consuming fire, and that God will bring judgment on all who live according to the flesh and not according to the Spirit; because we do not wish to perish from the way—we, indeed, fear God and depart from evil. We love Him, because He first loved us. We love Him for His great mercy, but we also fear the Almighty God, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Who shall rule the nations with a rod of iron - Rev 19:15-16. Yet, God in His mercy:
- Psalm 111:5 "Have given Meat unto them that FEAR HIM: He will be mindful of his covenant."
- Acts 10:35
"In every nation he that FEARS HIM, and works righteousness, is accepted with him."
Note the words that come across loud and clear: HE THAT FEARS HIM...IS ACCEPTED WITH HIM. The Old and New Testaments both show the same thing. We seem to be coming to an inescapable conclusion—that is—a Christian who does not fear God, even a little, is a Christian that will perish to the Lake of Fire, unless he repents and begins to fear the great and everlasting, all powerful, all knowing, Almighty God. The God Who created the heavens and earth. The Bible tells us:
- Prov 22:4 "By humility and the FEAR OF THE LORD are riches, and honour, and life."
- Psalm 31:19 "Oh how great is your goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that FEAR THEE; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!"
Once again, we see "LIFE" connected with the FEAR OF THE LORD. God has laid up great riches for them that fear Him. We read in Rev 11:18 "Give Reward unto...The Saints, and them that FEAR YOUR NAME, Small and Great." People, these days, are often unfamiliar with much of what the Bible says. They do not realize they are to fear God. Because of false preaching and a lack of studying the Scriptures themselves, they are often misled and will perish because of a lack of knowledge.
In the Psalms we read:
- Psalm 25:12 "What man is he that FEARS THE LORD? Him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose."
- Psalm 34:9 "O FEAR THE LORD, ye His Saints: For there is no want to them that FEAR HIM."
We know that God Heals people, but does everyone get Healed?
- Mal 4:2 "But unto you that FEAR MY NAME shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings."
- Psalm 145:18-19 "The LORD is nigh (or near)unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that FEAR HIM: he also will hear their cry, and will save them."
- Prov 10:27 "The FEAR OF THE LORD prolongs days."
- Prov 13:13 "Whoso despises the word shall be destroyed: but he that FEARS the commandment shall be rewarded."
- 2 Kings 17:39 "But the LORD your God YE SHALL FEAR; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies."
Again, God’s Word gives us many promises, and again, they are based on fearing God. In other words, "if you fear God" these promises apply to you. Perhaps, this is one reason why so few seem to be able to get their prayers answered. Perhaps, they do not fear God. Since many of His promises are based on fearing Him, if we do not fear Him, then we may be missing out on certain promises coming to pass, as God honors His Word which clearly says to FEAR HIM.
- Prov 31:30 "A woman that FEARS THE LORD, she shall be praised."
25 - Do This in the Fear of the Lord
- Heb 12:28-29 It is written, "Let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and GODLY FEAR: For our God is a consuming fire."
- Psalm 5:7 "IN YOUR FEAR will I Worship."
- 2 Cor 7:1 "let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, PERFECTING HOLINESS IN THE FEAR OF GOD."
- Lev 25:36 "Take thou no usury of him, or increase: but FEAR YOUR GOD"
- Lev 25:17 "Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt FEAR YOUR GOD: for I am the LORD your God."
- Col 3:22 "Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, FEARING GOD"
- Eph 5:21 "Submitting yourselves one to another in the FEAR OF GOD."
- 2 Chr 19:9 "And he charged them, saying, Thus shall ye do in the FEAR OF THE LORD, faithfully, and with a perfect heart."
That bears repeating: DO IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD...WITH A PERFECT HEART. Friends, do you realize this is God talking with you? Let these words sink down into your heart. Get out of "dead" churches that do not preach God’s Word correctly. Hear the Word of the Lord. Apply His Word to your heart.
26 - As We Begin to Close this Message
God gives us a few more guidelines. It is written:
- 1 Pet 3:15 "Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and FEAR:
If someone would ask you why you believe you are saved or what is the hope of your salvation, be sure to answer with MEEKNESS and FEAR. Let others see the fear of God in you.
- Prov 15:16 "Better is little with the FEAR OF THE LORD than great treasure and trouble there with."
- 1 Tim 5:20
Paul tells us, "Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may FEAR."
In the churches today, the fear of God is lacking. People sit in churches, then leave and commit nearly every sin possible. People go to church and return back home with the person they are living with; they are not even married. People go to church, and as soon as they leave, light up a cigarette or take out a can of beer and follow after the ways of the world. Where is the fear of God today? Why aren’t these people being brought up in front of the congregation and rebuked before all? These days churchgoers are not even trying to live according to God’s will. If we rebuked those that are doing wrong, nearly the entire congregation would be rebuked. God calls us to live a "holy life," yet often, this is not understood by modern-day Christians. Wake up people. You are going to perish, unless you repent, for it is written:
- 1 John 3:6 (NIV) "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."
When you are truly born-again, you give up sinning. You begin living a life that is pleasing to God. You no longer live according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Wake up people, a born-again Christian is a totally different person than he was before. Fear God and depart from evil. You go to these lukewarm churches that are a far cry from the church in the days of the apostles. No longer can the church say to the sick "Take up your bed and walk." Our churches are sick, they are blind, wretched, pitiful, poor, and naked, and do not even know it. Our churches are sending multitudes to hell, without realizing it. The churches of olden times were God fearing churches, and the people were God fearing people. Today's preaching is love, love, love—and Satan loves to have it so. It is written:
- Rev 12:9 "Satan which deceives the Whole World." It is written:
- Isa 50:10 "Who is among you that FEARS THE LORD, that obeys the voice of his servant, that walks in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God."
Do you Obey the Voice of someone that is unsaved?
- Neh 1:11 "O Lord, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of your... servants, who DESIRE TO FEAR YOUR NAME."
- Psalm 119:38 "Stablish your word unto your servant, who is devoted to YOUR FEAR."
- Malachi 3:16-17 "Then they that FEARED THE LORD spoke often one to another...And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts."
Do you Fear the Lord? Are you really His?
- Exod 18:21 "Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as FEAR GOD.... to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens."
27 - Fear the Lord and Praise Him
As it is written:
- Psalm 115:11 "You that FEAR THE LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield."
- Psalm 22:23 Yyou that FEAR THE LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel."
- Rev 19:5 "And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all you his servants, and you that FEAR HIM, both small and great."
- Psalm 135:20 "You that FEAR THE LORD, bless the LORD."
- Psalm 118:4 "Let them now that FEAR THE LORD say, that his mercy endures for ever."
If you fear the Lord, say, "His Mercy Endures Forever"
Yet, many will not receive God’s Word with a glad and open heart.
- Isa 63:17 "O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from your ways, and hardened our heart FROM YOUR FEAR?" It is written:
- 1 John 4:18 "There is NO FEAR IN LOVE; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love."
Perhaps, you would say that this verse indicates we are not to fear God. Yet would there not would be a contradiction in the Bible if this were true? Throughout the Bible we are told to "FEAR NOT." Fear not what man can do to you, but fear God - Matt 10:28. As our love for God grows, as our trust and faith grows through reading and being a doer of the Word, we should learn that God controls each situation. We come to trust that John 4:4 "Greater is He that is in You, than He that is in the World." As we trust God more and more, our fear of what is going on around us will decrease. God will take care of us. However, as our fear decreases of things around us, our Fear of God will increase. Indeed, perfect love casts out fear of anything which besets us, but we are to fear God always.
28 - Who Tells Us to Fear God?
Throughout the Scriptures, we are told to Fear the Lord, to Fear God.
You may ask, "Who says we must Fear God?" Let the Bible tell us who says so:
- Deut 10:20, Moses tells us to "FEAR GOD."
- Lev 19:32; Lev 25:17, Lev 25:36, Lev 25:43, the Lord says "FEAR YOUR GOD."
- Deut 6:24, the Lord commands us "To FEAR THE LORD our God."
- Jos 24:14, we are told, "Now therefore FEAR THE LORD."
- 1 Sam 12:14, Samuel tells us, "FEAR THE LORD."
- 2 Sam 23:3, David said, "Ruling in the FEAR OF GOD."
- 1 Kings 8:43, Solomon says, "To FEAR THEE (God)."
You may ask, "Who else said we must FEAR THE LORD?" Let us tell you who said it.
The Priest taught them how they should FEAR THE LORD in 2 Kings 17:28.
- 1 Chr 16:30 David said, FEAR BEFORE HIM, all the Earth."
- 1 Chr 16:30 Jehoshaphat said, "Let the FEAR OF THE LORD be upon you."
- Neh 5:9 Nehemiah said, "WALK IN THE FEAR OF OUR GOD."
- Psalm 2:11 "The Psalmist tells us, SERVE THE LORD WITH FEAR"
- Prov 3:7 Solomon said to "FEAR THE LORD."
You might say, "Well I don’t think we should Fear God? Yet, let us tell you who
Disagrees with you. Let us share with you who said we are to Fear the Lord.
- Jer 2:12 The Lord Himself says, "Be HORRIBLY AFRAID in."
- Eccl 5:7 we are told, "FEAR THOU GOD."
- Isa 8:13 Isaiah tells us, "Let Him (the Lord) BE YOUR FEAR in."
- Dan 6:25-26 And Darius wrote, "FEAR BEFORE THE GOD OF DANIEL: For He is the Living God."
You may ask "Who else said we are to Fear the Lord?"
- Matt 10:28 Jesus Himself said, "FEAR HIM which is able to destroy both Soul and Body in Hell.
- Rom 11:20 Paul tells us to "FEAR".
- Eph 5:21 Paul again tells us "Submitting yourselves one to another in the FEAR OF GOD."
- Col 3:22 Again Paul said, "FEARING GOD in speaking to the Colossians.
Paul told the Romans, the Corinthians, the Ephesians, and the Colossians just to mention Four.
And you ask "Who said we must Fear God?" May we tell you who else said it?
- Heb 4:1 As it is written "Let us therefore FEAR."
- 1 Pet 1:17 Peter tells us, "Pass the time of your sojourning here in FEAR in."
- Jude 1:23 Jude tells us, "SAVE WITH FEAR in."
- Rev 14:7 An angel said in the Revelation, "FEAR GOD, and give Glory to Him."
29 - Tremble at God's Word
- Isa 66:5 "Hear the Word of the Lord, you that TREMBLE AT HIS WORD."
- Ezra 9:4 "Then were assembled unto me EVERY ONE THAT TREMBLES AT THE WORDS OF THE GOD OF ISRAEL."
- Isa 66:2 "But TO THIS MAN WILL I LOOK, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit"
- Isa 64:2 "That the NATIONS MAY TREMBLE at your presence!"
- Phili 2:12 "Wherefore, My beloved, as you have always Obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my presence, work out your own salvation with WITH FEAR & TREMBLING."
- Ezra 10:3 "THOSE THAT TREMBLE AT THE COMMANDMENT OF OUR GOD; and let it be done according to the Law."
- Psalm 99:1 "The Lord Reigns; LET THE PEOPLE TREMBLE: He sits between the cherubims; let the earth be moved."
- Psalm 114:7 "TREMBLE, THOU EARTH, AT THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD, at the presence of the God of Jacob."
- Dan 10:11 "WHEN HE HAD SPOKEN THIS WORD UNTO ME, I STOOD TREMBLING."
- Dan 6:26 "I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom MEN TREMBLE AND FEAR BEFORE THE GOD OF DANIEL: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end."
- Jer 5:22 "FEAR YE NOT ME? SAYS THE LORD: WILL YOU NOT TREMBLE AT MY PRESENCE...?"
- James 2:19 "Thou believes that there is one God; You do well: THE DEVILS ALSO BELIEVE, AND TREMBLE."
WHO SAYS WE SHOULD NOT FEAR GOD?
THE ANSWER IS—SATAN AND HIS FOLLOWERS, WHICH INCLUDES
MANY OF TODAY’S CHURCHES
"FEAR GOD" Copyright © 2000 AmazingBible.org and Gospel Truth Publishing